RE: IPTABLES syntax problem.

What do you want to do with this rule?

-----Original Message-----
From: netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ads nat
Sent: 23. december 2003 12:47
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IPTABLES syntax problem.

Hi,
I am trying to setup IPTABLES rules. I am newbe to
this.

One of the rule in filter table is
#######
-A INPUT -p tcp ! --syn -m state --state NEW -j LOG
--log-prefix "New not syn:"
#############

I am getting following error :

[root@allweb root]# /etc/init.d/iptables restart
Flushing all current rules and user defined chains:
    [  OK  ]
Clearing all current rules and user defined chains:
    [  OK  ]
Applying iptables firewall rules: iptables-restore
v1.2.6a: Unknown arg `--syn'
Try `iptables-restore -h' or 'iptables-restore --help'
for more information.

I am using /etc/init.d/iptables restart to apply
iptables rules.

I think I have used proper syntax "--syn" from Oskar
Anderson IPTABLES tutorials.

Looking for support.
Thanks