Re: SMTP Routing Based On Recipient

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 14:28, Adam Ellis wrote:

> What I
> am wondering is this - would it be possible to redirect SMTP to my Linux
> server, use iptables to check that the recipient matches a valid user
> from a list I'd supply, and, if so, route the message to the Exchange
> server?

As others have mentioned, this is not an optimal choice. You *might* be
able to hack things together using strings and tarpit, but it would be a
kluge at best.

A couple of other options:
I use a combination of Sendmail, ClamAV, MimeDefang and Spamassassin to
clean up all inbound e-mail before passing it off to my mail server. You
can find a great tutorial on setting this up here:
http://www.rudolphtire.com/mimedefang-howto/

If you would rather get something that gives you a support contract, You
might want to check out the CanIT Appliance:
http://www.canit.ca/products.php

Its pretty much the same setup I mention above with a few extra bells
and whistles to make it easier to use. Of course you also have to pay
for it, but it does come with support.

HTH,