Sharing ip_conntrack ?

Hello,

	I have two firewalls using linux-HA so one is always master the other
slave. The monitoring in done over a serial cable.

The slave box does not accept any network traffic until it becomes
master except for ssh on the internal side.

I know that /proc/net/ip_conntrack is where all the established or
related connections are kept.

What I want to know if anyone has any idea how to keep the state on the
second box so NO connections will be lost if a fail over occurs.

I was thinking that I could use DRBD on the /proc/net directory so it
always writes to the master slave. But I then thought it would fail
because the kernel can not write to that directory ... but the second
box is not doing any network traffic so....

?????

--
Hand over the Slackware CD's and back AWAY from the computer, your geek
rights have been revoked !!!

Michael Gale
Slackware user :)
Bluesuperman.com