Re: Routing a VPN.....confused

iptables and FreeS/WAN play very nicely together.  There are some
documents in the massive collection of documentation with FreeS/WAN that
treat using FreeS/WAN and a firewall together.  There are also some
slightly out of date slide shows at http://iscs.sourceforge.net on using
iptables, iproute2 and FreeS/WAN together.  You may find those helpful.
Good luck - John

--
John A. Sullivan III
Chief Technology Officer