Re: Weird TCP flags?

On Friday 12 December 2003 09:38, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Friday 12 December 2003 2:41 pm, Jeffrey Laramie wrote:
> > Duh! Boy do I feel like an idiot. Last night I blamed it on
> > sleeplessness. Today I'll blame it on coffee. Yup, that's it, I haven't
> > had enough coffee yet.
>
> Time for a weekend, perhaps, Jeff?

Yeah, I definitely need a vacation. Next time I post something stupid like
that *smack* me and say "Shut Up Jeff, let me answer this!"

The TTL of his packet was about 60 secs lower than what I usually see which
makes Chris's explanation sound likely. How does TTL get calculated? Does
each host set a new TTL for it's packets or does it calculate it from the
time of the original SYN packet? In this situation which host is slow
responding, the server?

Jeff