RE: Access to Internal server via public address

Can I ask why you want to access the internal server using the external
IP address?

To get around this for myself I setup a internal only DNS server inside
my network to resolve names to internal IP addresses.  This is separate
from my externally facing DNS server that is resolving my external IP
address to the DNS names.  This way all I need to do is access my
internal server via the DNS name instead of the IP address.

Chris Hoeschen
Distributed System Analysts
PrimeVest Financial Services
Phone: (320) 656-4035
Fax: (320) 656-4088
E-Mail: chris.hoeschen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former."
  -- Albert Einstein

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words