Running other commands / scritps

Hello,

	Two questions:

1 - first -- I have a firewall implementation that requires 22 virtual IP's so I have a file for each IP to help in administering the firewall. Each IP has it owns user defined chain as well.

Anyways I have about 10-15 variables that each script needs -- I do not want to add all the variables to the top of every script all the time. Adding a new one is also a pain in the A$$.

Does anyone know how I could make a set of global variables that the firewall scripts can access when they start up.

I know it is kind of off topic :(

2. -- Is there a way to have iptables run a command or execute another script based on a rule :)

--
Michael Gale
Network Administrator