Maximum chain name length

	We are developing a GUI manager for iptables and FreeS/WAN for large
complex deployments.  It is similar to the global management consoles
from Smartpipes, Solsoft, NetScreen, Checkpoint, etc., except that it
creates more efficient rules, is significantly easier to manage, is GPL
rather than a five to six figure product, but does not yet support
additional services such as IDS and Content Filtering.  (
http://iscs.sourceforge.net) Actually it is vendor independent and thus
can manage more than iptables but iptables is our initial target.
	We've hit a major problem with the maximum chain name length.  We
organize our user communities and resource groups into a hierarchical
structure with inheritance.  These map directly to the iptables chain
names.  Thus a chain name like

AppliedTechnologies/Engineering/NewProducts/SanFranciscoLabs/ProjectB

is not out of the ordinary.  This runs us up against the 30 character
limit of chain names very quickly.  Working around this by substituting
numbers for names or some other such workaround will greatly complicate
the project and reduce ease of troubleshooting in the field.

	Is there any way to extend the maximum allowed chain name length in
iptables? Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Chief Technology Officer