Re: Hello -- kind of of topic -- but still related

On Thursday 04 December 2003 12:36 am, Michael Gale wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	I can turn off the tcpwrapper but I was hoping there would be away around
> it.
>
> ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  proftpd
>
> It is a largely used FTP server and I have been contemplating running it as
> a stand alone daemon.

For a busy server this could be an excellent solution - and you should find
how to do it in "man proftpd" and/or "man /etc/proftpd.conf".   It can
definitely be run as a standalone daemon without using inetd.

Antony.

--
Ramdisk is not an installation procedure.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.