Re: iptables and yahoo games

On Friday 28 November 2003 9:43 am, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Friday 28 November 2003 6:43 am, Fritz Mesedilla wrote:
> > Greetings friends!
> > What are the rules to allow yahoo games in iptables?
>
> Don't know.
>
> What TCP/UDP etc ports do the games use?
>
> If you can tell me that, I can tell you what rules to use.

PS: Just in case you don't know, remember that you can find this out by
putting a LOG rule at the end of your existing netfilter rules, trying to run
the games, and see what sort of packets get LOGged - this then tells you what
sort of packets you need to an insert an earlier rule ACCEPTing, and things
should start working.

Antony.

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.