Re: iptables script

Gilles Yue wrote:

How do make your linux pc bypass default iptables located in /etc/sysconfig/iptables script and makes it execute your new and customized iptables scripts.

Can anybody send me a simple script. Thanks

It varies by distro. On Redhat systems one way to do it is to run your script and then use " /etc/init.d/rc.d/iptables save" to save the current configuration. SuSE is a little more complicated so I disabled the SuSE script through YaST2, ran my iptables script, and then use Webmin to save and restart my configuration. You can also call your script from the /etc/init.d/boot.local file which runs at boot.

Hope this helps.

Jeff