Re: Iptables not working with RH9

That's not true.   RH7.3  does come with the bridge-nf code enabled.
I have not recompiled the kernel and I can set it up and it works. I just reinstalled rh7.3 last thursday to make sure i hadn't "forgotten" that i had recompiled the kernel and sure enough right after a minimal install I manually setup a bridge and it started bridging the connection then i used iptables to filter and block it and that worked as well.
  So it does come with RH7.3  but the fact that you believe it doesn't come on any kernel probably tells me that RH9.0 doesn't have it ( I think mandrake 9.0 comes precompiled with the bridge code as well.)
  Thanks Derek
>>> "Josh Berry" <josh.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 11/20/03 08:47PM >>>
The bridge-nf code does not come enabled by default with rh7.3.  I don't
think that it comes enabled by default on any kernels.