Re: TWO ROUTING

> > There was talk before about using CONNTRACK and marking packets on the list
> > before.. I think this is the solution but I didn't see a successful
> > response..
>
> You can MARK packets on their way through netfilter, and do various
> interesting and possibly useful things to the packet on the basis of the mark
> which was assigned, however I do not think there is any way of identifying
> the packets which come in later as replies to these, and thereby doing
> anything based on the mark which was assigned to the first packet on its way
> through.

Something I'm working on (or at least thinking really hard about) is a
user-space Perl script that will (somehow) record sequence and
acknowledgment numbers for outgoing packets, then possibly act on the
returning packets depending on the ack and seq numbers found.

Am I way off, or would this help/apply here?

Marco