Re: Forwarding Help

On Thursday 20 November 2003 8:26 pm, Michael Menges wrote:

> GlacierHello folks.  What's the best way to handle this situation:
>
> I wish to have my gateway/firewall using iptables to forward incoming
> internet traffic destined to port 443 (https) to another machine on my
> localnet (192.168.0.10) keeping the same port number, obviously.  I'm on a
> cable connection with a dynamic IP address, of course. I've read the FAQ's
> and man page but yet unable to come up with the proper syntax.  Any generic
> command structures would be most helpful.

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 443 -j DNAT --to
192.168.0.10
iptables -A FORWARD -d 192.168.0.1 -p tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT

eth0 is your external interface.   Adjust the rule if this assumption is
incorrect

Ask if you don't see why the above rules do what you want.

PS: What does "Glacier" mean?

Antony.

--

How I want a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy chapters
involving quantum mechanics.

 - 3.14159265358979
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.