Re: OS Fingerprint

On Tuesday 18 November 2003 10:05 am, Rodre Ghorashi-Zadeh wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anybody on this list have a rule that I can use to change the OS
> fingerprint of all packets leaving my DMZ? Thanks in advance.

This is not a simple thing to do, it involves mucking around with the way the
TCP/IP stack works inside the kernel, and as far as I know it can't be done
by a router disguising another machine; it needs to be done on the machine
itself which you are trying to disguise.

Try http://voodoo.somoslopeor.com/papers/nmap.html#LSOLUTIONS for some
possible ways to achieve it.

Antony.

--