Re: irc

On Monday 17 November 2003 3:30 pm, trainier@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Aye, a familiar face. ;-)

Good afternoon :)

> The 'firewall' in this case, is a transparent proxy server.  The proxy
> server will be the gateway to the internet.

Hm, well there's a problem there, because netfilter is not a proxy firewall -
it's a stateful packet filter.

> I need to allow irc connections through this machine, somehow.  I don't
> know how to do that.

All I can suggest is that you look around for an IRC proxy server, however I
have no knowledge of such things myself.

Regards,

Antony.

--

The only problem with the Universe as a platform, though, is that it is
currently running someone else's program.

 - Ken Karakotsios, author of SimLife
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.