IP6TABLES and Muulticast Listener ICMPV6 PDUs

Hello,

I am working on a project dealing with IPv6 and Multicast.
I am trying to filter those IPv6 PDUs being sent by my host and
containing ICMPv6 Multicast Listener Discovery Protocol (MLDP) PDUs.
(In other words I want to see those Multicast Reports which
inform a router that my host wants to see those PDUs which are
sent to a specific multicast address.)These PDUs shall be queued
for some processing within a user space program.

I tried a lot of IP6TABLES rules, but just these types of
ICMPV6 PDUs are not queued.

I tried different rules, but none worked:
	ip6tables -A OUTPUT -p icmp6 -j QUEUE
	ip6tables -A OUTPUT -p icmpv6 -j QUEUE
	ip6tables -A OUTPUT -p ipv6-icmp -j QUEUE

I should mention that ICMPv6 HELLO PDUs are well queued.
And:
	ip6tables -A OUTPUT -p ipv6 -j QUEUE

The last rule queues all IPv6 PDUs except those I really
want to see: MLDP-PDUs.

All tests running on Kernels 2.4.18, 2.4.22 and 2.6.0test8
show the same results.

Hoping that somebody can help me.

Christian Riechmann
(riechmann@xxxxxxx)