Re: Memory leaks in ip_conntrack?

	Actually Anthony I'm inclined to agree with you .. I was just pointing out
that the assumption that the count in /proc/slabinfo (ip_conntrack) is  an
indication of the count in /proc/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack is completely
incorrect.  i.e. the two counters are keeping track of dfferent things.

	I'm curious myself (as to what is causing this gent's problem) as there have
been so many queries on this subject lately, and as I pointed out to Oskar we
*really* are starting to need a FAQ on this.

	i.e. -- if you think this is a problem, here's best how to determine if
iptables is causing memory issues on your system.  Frequenly folks are
implementing iptables and don't understand linux memory management schema
and the affects it has on what they see on their screens.

	Not that I'm complaining, ... Its good learning for me as I try to diagnose
the issue on my system, but it might make new users lives easier if we had
the info out there to start with.

	Alistair Tonner
	nerdnet.ca
	Senior Systems Analyst - RSS

     Any sufficiently advanced technology will have the appearance of magic.
	Lets get magical!