Re: DHCP /MAC

On Saturday 08 November 2003 11:12 am, kannel sms wrote:

> Dear Sir ,
>
> if i put in the DHCP server that ip will fixed for the
> relavent user. So i can't server the ip like that .
> Dynamically that all ips must assign to the users.so
> tha's why i try use iptables firewall .

Okay, that's a good reason why you can't use the bootp mode of your DHCP
server.

> Sir , actually i'm new to iptables . pls guide me how
> to do this configuration for DHCP via iptables .

I still find it hard to believe that your modem users have MAC addresses -
all dialup systems I have seen use PPP Point to Point Protocol and there is
no MAC address identifying the remote system.

However, I could be wrong, and the way to check this is with the LOG rule I
already recommended, so you can see the MAC address and source / destination
IP addresses of the packets coming in to your netfilter machine.

Antony.

--

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.
                                                     Please reply to the list;