Re: Memory leak? <<-- FAQ subject somewhere maybe?

On November 7, 2003 11:53 am, Harald Welte wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 08:49:10AM -0600, Michael Friedhoff wrote:
>
> what is your ps outout supposed to tell us?
>
> > I am not positive that netfilter is the cause for
> > the memory loss, but it is the only purpose of the
> > machine.  In the last 12 hours, the amout of
> > available memory has decreased by 1.5MB.  I know
> > that isn't much, but since this is a production box,
> > I would rather not have to reboot it constantly.
>
> what amount of memory are you referring to?  'free' memory (as in the
> top program) will always be very low, since linux uses almost all free
> memory for caching/buffering.
>
> the output of /proc/slabinfo (|grep ip_conntrack) should be more useful
> to see if the conntrack hash is growing or not.
>
> > --Michael Friedhoff

	Oskar A: --- just a suggestion we *really* need to make this a FAQ ...
perhaps you could put an appropriate caveat in your marvellous tutorials???
	With some outline for absolute newbies to determine
--

	Alistair Tonner
	nerdnet.ca

     Any sufficiently advanced technology will have the appearance of magic.
	Lets get magical!