Re: forward port of TTL.patch to 2.6.0-test9

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 06:01:41PM +0200, Kostadin Karaivanov wrote:
> Hi list,
> I just forward ported TTL.patch (attached) from patch-o-matic-20031103
> to linux-2.6.0-test9 for fun and profit. It's rather mechanical port but
> it works at least build-in. I've veryfied this with tcpdump.
> But I have two questions. First of course is: is this the proper way to
> port things like this, couse AFAIC 2.4 and 2.5 networking code is quite
> different, if not why.

no, I don't see a problem with this 2.6 merge.  However, we still don't
have a 2.6-ready patch-o-matic (I'm working on it), so I cannot really
integrate it somewhere.

> And second - where I can read about current > implementation ot linux
> networking excetp kernel sources.

I doubt there is any information apart from the netdev and linux-kernel
mailinglist archives.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>             http://www.netfilter.org/