Re: REJECT sends more than just RST?

On Thursday 06 November 2003 12:54 pm, Andrew Brooks wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to reject SMTP connections by sending a RST but it
> seems to be sending SYN ACK before sending RST which isn't what
> I want.  I'm using shorewall 1.2.8 and kernel 2.4.18.  Is this
> a known problem, and, if so, which release fixes it?

What rule/s are you attempting to use to do this?

I would have thought something like:

iptables -A INPUT (or FORWARD, depending on your setup) -p tcp --dport 25 -j
REJECT --reject-with=tcp-reset

should do the trick?

Antony.

--

Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing left to add,
but rather when there is nothing left to take away.

 - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.