Iptables issue with EPSV FTP

Hello,

I'm running into some problems with FTP when I fire up my iptables on RedHat 7.3.. basically, here's what happens:

220 server.yourhost.com FTP server ready
Name (server.yourhost.com:matt): matt
331 Password required for matt.
Password:
230 User matt logged in.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> ls
500 EPSV not understood
227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xx).
-------System hangs here until I Ctrl+C

This is using the CLI FTP in OS X 10.3 (it was happening since 10.2 also) and we've received reports of it breaking Dreamweaver, also.

Here's the rules that we've set up for this server:

[root@srv08 root]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT tcp -- dns-server1 anywhere tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT tcp -- dns-server2 anywhere tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT all -- VLAN1 anywhere
ACCEPT all -- VLAN2 anywhere
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:ftp
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:http
ACCEPT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:https

I can't figure out why these would break for just OS X, my only guess is that it doesn't like the EPSV, however, I thought the "sate RELATED,ESTABLISHED" would fix that.. i'd even tried adding a rule for allowing "! --syn" but that didn't help either... Any idea what I could be doing wrong here?

--

Matt Kotich
Yourhost.com CTO