Re: Kernel, IPTables or Router Anomaly? Maybe me?

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 15:49, Ramin Dousti wrote:
> OK, first of all don't use ifconfig and the family. Use iproute2.
> By doing:
>
> ip addr add 192.168.0.31/24 dev eth0
> ip addr add 192.168.0.5/24 dev eth0
> ip addr add 192.168.0.32/24 dev eth1

Interesting. Thanks. Meanwhile, I had to shut IPTables down. Something
was causing a problem with the Redhat list server (hormel) and only
hormel.

Somehow - despite no mangle rules - packets from this server were being
rejected - not seen as targeting port 25. As soon as I killed IPTables,
the problem went away. I have more reading to do. A LOT more reading to
do.

For now, we have non-forwarded traffic rejected at the router and I'm
using SNMPDTRAPD to log what's going on.