Handling a clients fixed IP address

I've been using iptables without problems for almost a year now. A situation has however occured where I would like to allow access to users with fixed IP addresses onto the LAN in order to gain access to the internet. The situation is complicated because the client devices may be assigned fixed IP addresses which do not match our subnet or point at our gateway. Can iptables be configured in such a way that this could be handled transparently i.e. without the client having to set up dhcp client service?

Tired of 56k? Get a FREE BT Broadband connection http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband