Re: Kernel: NET: messages suppressed (I am sure it has been covered before)

Frischknecht Peter wrote:
I need to know WHAT MESSAGE WAS SUPPRESSED.

I am getting slammed.  My server will display anywhere from a few
hundred to 50K messages suppressed.

that I will find the original suppressed message. NOT TRUE.

You should have one successful log message for every log message indicating the number of suppressed log messages. Since your /var/log/messages does not contain the successful log messages, your syslogd must be configured to send them elsewhere.

Note that the number of suppressed log messages is always logged
at KERN_WARNING, but the actual message could be anything.  I
would suspect that the actual log messages are KERN_DEBUG, and
your syslogd is configured to ignore them

--
Philip Craig - philipc@xxxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.SnapGear.com
SnapGear - Custom Embedded Solutions and Security Appliances