Re: iptables and SPI

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 01:26:59PM +0000, dimitri borjac spoke thusly:

>but actually i think i wasn't clear enough in my last mail : is it
>possible to use iptables in order to NAT different VPN established between
>different NATted hosts and 1 remote gateway (the same gateway for all of
>them) ? Such a NAT would be made by watching both addresses, ports and
>SPIs...

OK, understood the scenario. According to the man page, there is the
--espspi match. You'd need to hardcode the SPIs between the relevant IPsec
hosts. You might need to do some other bits and pieces also.

I cannot say for certain whether conntrack will handle this natively, you
might need to use one of the ROUTE matches also. This is a guess, I might
be talking out of my ass.

>In other words :  is it possible for iptables to go and check the SPI field
>in the ESP Header of the IPsec packet in ESP tunnel mode ?

See above.