From: George Vieira [mailto:georgev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: maandag 20 oktober 2003 0:41
To: techmail@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Debugging

vi /etc/init.d/iptables

check inside for anything it's testing for to exist before it'll even run the script.

From memory it checks for /etc/sysconfig/iptables file which contains the rules you want to add to the machine, if this doesn't exist then the script stops..

I would remove all of the script contents and write your own iptables script, it's not hard once you know exaclty what you want for a firewall..

Thanks,

George Vieira
Citadel Computer Systems Pty Ltd   Systems Manager   georgev AT citadelcomputer DOT com DOT au

Citadel Computer Systems Pty Ltd

Phone : +61 2 9955 2644   HelpDesk: +61 2 9955 2698   http://www.citadelcomputer.com.au