Fedora and Recent Module

     The three beta releases of Fedora core (distribution formerly known as
Redhat) have
had a problem with the recent module.  They ship with 1.2.8 but attempting
to load the
recent module results in an error message because it cannot load
libipt_recent.so.
Is there a way to patch the iptables that ships with Fedora so recent works?
Could
I just drop this file from Mandrake's 1.2.8 in the appropriate directory?
Will the
"patch-o-matic" system do this and, if so, is there a FAQ on how to do this?
     Sorry for the noise.  I've trolled the list archives and didn't see
this mentioned.
Bug has been filed against Fedora.

Thanks.