RE: local DNAT with bind,postfix,and iptables

> 1) Postfix trick mentioned by George (and obviously having
> only one postfix box instead of two with a voodoo like setup
> to compensate... ;-)

hey, that ain't voodoo man.. ;P I use this method to stop people going straight to my internal Microstop Exchange box and forced to go through my postfix box which as a transport file to relay internal but the machine itself.. This enables me to control the mail as well as setup RBL and free antivirus setup using linux...

Otherwise just put a smart host entry on your sendmail/postfix/firewall box to use the internal server for relaying out.. but I prefer my transport idea... that's what it was made for... ;P he he

Thanks,
George Vieira
Systems Manager
georgev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx