udp/tcp port range rules for forward/input chains

Digging around the only thing I found was a patch-o-matic that allowed
for doing a range of 15 ports.

I see many references with dnat and snat, but nothing besides the patch
for input or forward chains.

If anyone has a link that or info that can steer me in the right
direction the beers are on me at the Javits Center Linux show.

Thanks,
Ted

PS: this is by far the best maintained mailing list I am on, kudo's to
all the contributors/participants.