ip_conntrack_ftp

I'm having a problem with ftp. My ftp-data is not passing through my firewall. I have configured the firewall for MASQ and ALL policys are set to ACCEPT (I know unsecure Im just trying to get it to work first). Anyway, I have ip_conntrack_ftp loaded and I can connect through the firewall and pwd but of course when I ls or data transfer I get errors. ftp client error Illegal PORT command or data connection refused. And dmesg says max number of expected connections.  My iptables lists looks like this

bash-2.05# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
bash-2.05# iptables -t nat -L
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
SNAT       all  --  anywhere             anywhere           to:x.x.x.x

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

lsmod:
bash-2.05# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ip_conntrack_ftp        3856   0  (unused)
vhub                    9664   0  (unused)
iptable_nat            14432   1  (autoclean)
ip_conntrack           16656   2  (autoclean) [ip_conntrack_ftp iptable_nat]
iptable_filter          1760   1  (autoclean)
via-rhine              12768   1
eepro100               18432   1
mii                     2160   0  [via-rhine eepro100]
pcmcia_core            40608   0
doc                   146464   1

why does my ftp data still get block/dropped ???

if I switch the ftp client to passive it works fine but I need it to work both ways...

Britt Tabor
Edge Access, Inc.
btabor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.edgeaccess.net