iptables logs going to all ttys

Morning all,

I have the following in my firewall script, and to my knowledge this is meant to stop all logs from going to all ttys but this is not the case and its a real *pain* in the ass.

$IPTABLES -N drop-and-log-it
$IPTABLES -A drop-and-log-it -j LOG --log-level info
$IPTABLES -A drop-and-log-it -j DROP

If someone could give me a hint as to what i have overlooked that would be much appreciated, thanks

General Details:
  iptables v1.2.8
  syslogd 1.4.1
  LFS 4.1

--
lucas                                    $(lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."