tables and contained chains

Hy,

I am using for some time iptables, but I still have moments when I get confused about some pakets that go the wrong way. I thing it would be very usefull, not just for me, if someone that it is very familiar with all tables and chains, would do a short description on all the tables and chains (what are used for, in which order are them pass by pakets - a little ascii schematics wowld be great).
I allready RTFM, but there is no list of tables and chains well documented.

----

Home, no matter how far...
http://www.home.ro