Re: Newbie question

On Friday 10 October 2003 17:29, Fabio Ribeiro wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> 	What does mean this kind of error "No Such Object available on this
> agent"
> 	Using "snmptranslate -IR memBuffer" I got a the right answer ie:
> .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.4.14
>
> 	Sample:
> 	$ snmpget -c localhost -v 2c 127.0.0.1 .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.4.14
> 	$ enterprises.ucdavis.memory.memBuffer = No Such Object available on
> this agent
>
> 	In fact I'm not being able to get informations on
> .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.4.x (ie: memory)

This means you have not enabled the appropriate MIB module in the agent
before compiling the agent. Running
# ./configure --help
from the top level directory in the agent's source code distribution
will show you how to include specific modules, as well as which modules
are available, and a lot of other possible options.

To the list: Isn't there a FAQ about this? There should be one, listing
the modules included in the agent as compiled by default.

--
A: No. See http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
Q: Should I include quotations after my reply ?