RE: load-balancing with netfilter: round robin or what??

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 10:41, Khan, Arshad wrote:
> how does this compare with the Linux Virtual Server project?
>
> Arshad

I'm not an expert of Linux Virtual Server (on contrary, my experience
with LVS is too limited to readings), but I know that LVS could do the
same thing -- and in a more powerful way, what netfilter does by itself.

In another words, LVS may also uses the netfilter technology below and
more. For instance, there is a section in LVS docs about LVS-NAT
(section 13). The great thing of LVS is that I will have a solution with
high-availability on the layer of service which is higher than NAT (only
routing) or VRRP (only check IP).

Pedro Salazar.
--
PS