De : Carlos Santos [mailto:csantos@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : lundi 6 octobre 2003 12:46
À : netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : RE: MSN throught Linux

Hi,

I've been trying (on and off, on my spare time) to get my firewall (RedHat
9 Shrike) to allow MSN, Netmeeting and Yahoo webcam conversations to take
place. I've been keeping up with some of the threads that have been started
lately about this subject and what I would like to know before going any
further is: is UPNP a security risk ? I don't want to end up with a vault
like front door and have all the back windows and doors wide open with
"come on in" signs, if you know what I mean. I do want be able to connect
to other users with webcams but not at the expense of security provided by
the firewall. Please let me know what your thoughts are on this, please.

Thanks,
Carlos.

Carlos Santos
csantos@xxxxxxxxxxx