Re: Unable to stop tunnel from being "connection-tracked"

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 15:52, Ramin Dousti wrote:
(snip)
>> Thing is that the tunnel "dies" as soon as the connection has
> > disappeared from the connection tracking table.
>
> What do you mean by "the tunnel dies"? That you cannot send anything
> through it anymore after the conntrack entry has been cleared? How
> does the routing look like, how do you direct the traffic through
> the tunnel?

What I mean is, that if I let the connection disappear from the
connection tracking table, immediately afterwards, I no longer get any
replies on my ping6's to the tunnelbroker PoP IPv6 address. A tcpdump on
my external interface (ppp0) only shows my echo-requests and no packets
whatsoever coming from the tunnelbroker PoP. I would at least expect to
see some or other packet, e.g. an icmp error message, coming from the
tunnelbroker PoP.

> I take that the tunnel endpoint on your side is the external interface (ppp0)
> if so, the MASQUERADE rule below can be simplified...

I suppose you mean by leaving out the source address specification? I
know, I just put it in in an attempt to stop the connection tracking
from happening, but alas...