From: Oskar Andreasson [mailto:blueflux@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 1:38 PM
To: Berry, Josh (jberry)
Cc: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Linux HA with Bridge

Yes, as long as you are aware that connection states will not traverse
over the heartbeat system, and that you will find yourself in a deep pit
of trouble with the IPaddr script (at least the version I saw) that
comes with heartbeat, and iptables =). IPaddr.sh runs with the help of
interface aliases, which iptables can't handle.

I rewrote the IPaddr script for work a couple of months ago to get rid
of the interface aliases, but when I was about finished we started to
rethink the whole idea, and noticed that the whole script was flawed for
our uses;).

In other words, if you want it, I could try and send it over, as long as
you know that it is almost totally untested.