RE: PPTP reviisted

Now I’ve got another problem. Here are the steps and what I did:

1)       I got kernel 2.4.22

2)       Didn’t need this

3)       Done.

4)       Done.

5)       Did almost all of them. Didn’t do the ones like ipv6 stuff. Everything went fine. Done.

6)       Done.

7)       Booted new kernel. Everything seems fine. SSH in so I can apply a rule that for some reason didn’t get applied at boot. Here’s what happenend:

# iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.1.0/24 –j MASQUERADE

iptables: Invalid argument

#

So, you can see my problem. I’ve tried –j MASQ and iptables tells me it can’t find that target. I’ve got ipt_MASQUERADE loaded, and a mod-info shows it’s the right one for my kernel. I’ve also tried it with –o eth1. eth1 is inside, eth2 is outside (eth0 is nothing as of now). Outside is DHCP or I’d use SNAT. However, I replaced MASQUERADE with SNAT and got the same error.

What gives? I’m getting closer at least…

Thanks,

Chris Miller

Compuville Computers

www.compuville.net