From: DALive Editor [mailto:dalive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 3:48 PM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Iptables router issue

Objective:

To use a single Penguin box to do everything. (at least for now). But
more importantly to route traffic to and from a private lan to the
internet, and to filter off open ports of the box.

Problem:

When DNS lookup to my client returns the my internet dynamic ip) as it
should for my own domain, for some reason my firewall filters out the
traffic. Although it's to an open port and the firewall is suppose to
accept all traffic from the lan.

Host Setup

Kernel from RH9 Distribution and latest version of Iptables (having been

haveing probs with settign up my own kernel)

Network Map:

eth0 -- 192.168.100.1 -- internal lan's NIC
eth1 -- dynamic address -- internet's NIC

Additional Information:

I have attached my firewall script as a .txt file.

Your assistance is much appreciated and anticipated.
Thank you.