RE: Access VNC Server via DNAT

Other than connection tracking, if you are using stateful, there are not any
special modules needed.  I will also add, allowing VNC to penetrate the
firewall is not the best of ideas, but very possible to do it securely if
you are smart and crafty about it.  Here are a couple of thoughts which
should help you.  First, confirm what port your VNC server is Listening on.
The VNC port range is:  VNC_PORTS="5900:5910".  So, take a look at this.

Having said that, it will also take a minimum of two rules to penetrate the
firewall. 1) DNAT correct listening port through to the correct server as
you have done with:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 59xx -s 192.168.0.2 -j
DNAT --to 192.168.0.25:59xx

That's only half of it.  You must then accept the packet once it is has been
DNATTED, such as:

$IPT -t filter -A FORWARD -i $FW_INET_IFACE -p tcp --destination-port
$VNC_PORTS -m state --state NEW -j LOG --log-prefix "ACCEPT INBOUND VNC: "
$IPT -t filter -A FORWARD -i $FW_INET_IFACE -p tcp --destination-port
$VNC_PORTS -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
$IPT -t filter -A FORWARD -o $FW_INET_IFACE -p tcp --destination-port
$VNC_PORTS -m state --state NEW -j LOG --log-prefix "ACCEPT OUTBOUND VNC: "
$IPT -t filter -A FORWARD -o $FW_INET_IFACE -p tcp --destination-port
$VNC_PORTS -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

Additionally, if you are using connection tracking, you must ACCEPT as
ESTABLISHED and RELATED as well.  Hope this helps.