Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 6:31 PM
Subject: Connecting to PPtP Servers from a LAN

Hello everybody,

we have set up a simple firewall configuration:

ournetwork   -----------------   Router with iptables ----------------Internet

the router with iptables does Masquerading on outgoing Packets from the LAN.

When connecting to an PPtP Server in the Internet, connection does not work.

When trying it with the old router, an Windows Winroute Router, the connection works fine without configuring anything.

What  rules do I have to configure for my Clients, so that they may access an PPtP-Server localted in the Internet?

Thanks in advance,

Alex