From: Javier Govea [mailto:jgovea@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, 20 September 2003 1:37 AM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Proxy Chaining

Hi to all,

I want to setup a chain of proxies and I was wondering if this could be done with
iptables. Any advice is very welcome. Here is more in detail what I want:

Host A needs to forward all traffic (http, ftp, icmp, ...) to Host B, which in turns
forwards all traffic to Host C, which in turns forawards everything to its default
gateway. The hosts do not belong to a LAN only A and B are in the same LAN.

Is it possible to setup this kind of proxy chaining with iptables?? if so, any
suggestions on how to do it?? if iptables is not the right tool to solve this problem,
any suggestions on what can i use???

thanx to all in advance..
Xavier