Re: why must linux for halted firewall?

>From personal experience, I couldnt tell you that OpenBSD will support
it, as we have yet to try it.

But I see no reason as to why it couldnt be "Figured out"
It would just be a matter of fiddling with files, like the article said,
alot of trial and error.

>Le mar 16/09/2003 à 21:33, Nox a écrit :
> the drawback is we currently have no logging enabled.
> (We are working on it.

>LIDS guys have developped a kernel side SMTP client so their system
>can >send alerts without interaction with userland. I don't think they
have kernel side syslog.

Using an MTA was what was suggested to me, and that is what we are
currently investigating..
Thanks for the heads up

Nox
GenMicro systems