Re: STATELESS

 >> > OK. Thanks for the informative comments but can you lay out the
 >> > steps to prevent stateful inspection? For example, how to unload
 >> > "ip_conntrack" and to prevent it from being reloaded again?
 >> >
 >> Personally, I would re-compile the kernel without connection tracking
 >> support.

 > OK. If you recompile without conntrack, can you do NAT? I'm just wondering?

no, Netfilter's NAT relies upon the conntrack.

Can I ask you why do you want  to turn off the conntrack ? If it's for
speed or memory  reasons, then using NAT will  have a similar overhead
(maybe  not exactly  the same,  but similar)  anyway. When  you  NAT a
connection, you're  forced to  keep track of  the connection a  way or
another, to NAT further packets of the connection the same way.

--
Gael Le Mignot "Kilobug" - kilobug@xxxxxxxxx - http://kilobug.free.fr
GSM         : 06.71.47.18.22 (in France)   ICQ UIN   : 7299959

Member of HurdFr: http://hurdfr.org - The GNU Hurd: http://hurd.gnu.org