Re: iptables installation problem.

ads nat wrote:
I have downloaded from netfilter.org and built. If rpm upgrade is easy please guide me and i will do it.
Thanks

Redhat makes update RPMs available for all the packages in their distros. You can configure and run "Update Agent" or you can go to their site at http://www.redhat.com/apps/download/ to find them. You can also find the update file tree at a mirror site. This is the one I use:

ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/redhat/redhat/linux/updates/8.0/en/os/i386.

Download the file then run:

rpm -Uvh /yourfilepath/yourfilename

This will update iptables, but it won't change your config files. If the current version isn't running correctly then updating probably won't solve your problem. Hope this helps,  Jeff