Re: How to drop arps when protocol addrs of sender = target

Le mer 10/09/2003 à 19:04, Chris Schanzle a écrit :
> I have a need to not respond to arps where the protocol address of the
> sender is the same as the target, which is the case when Windows clients
> try to ARP for the manually-configured address it is about to use.

It is not easy to achieve as you would need a specific match extensions
for that compares protocole source and destination addresses for
arptables or ebtables (iptables does not filter ARP). I wanted to write
something like this to spot wierd ARP stuff, but I do not have the time
for now. However, enhancing ebtables arp match is quite an easy thing. I
did not look at arptables, but it must be easy too.

--
http://www.netexit.com/~sid/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE