Re: A problem in configuring a firewall system

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 17:21, shiva vafadar wrote:
Dear all

I have a problem in configuring my firewall system.
My Linux system has two Net cards and there are two interfaces in it. eth0 and eth1.
I want to forward a incoming request ( from 192.168.1.1) to another destination(132.20.48.5). I have added a rule in firewall iptables using Nat and prerouting. As a consequence of this rule a recorde is added to the log file after requesting, with following informaiton:
IN=eth0, OUT= eth1, Source=192.168.1.11 and Destination=132.20.48.5.
I think this is exactly what I want.
I used tcp dump and I see that there is a request from 192.168.1.11 to firewall system on eth0 but there is no request from eth1 to the 132.20.48.5.
I conclude that there is somthing wrong in connection between lan cards and interfaces, Is it all right? And what should I do to bridge this gap?

I approciate your consideration in advance.

Shiva Vafadar

Do you Yahoo!?
Hi

As you are forwarding the packets from internal to external you are getting the info logged as given. The kind of packet you are expecting to come will come only if the packet is generated locally on the firewall machine. So currently you are right.
--
Regards
Dharmendra.T