Re: Bandwidth Monitoring

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:01:11 +0530,
"Sathi" <sathiyan@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
<04a901c36e18$ad2d6650$2a0110ac@SAMHP>:

> Hello All,
>
> Is there any way to findout the bandwidth used by a client(LAN user),
> from Linux gateway server.
>
> I have to take monthly statistics of bandwidth used by a client (LAN
> user).

..several, 'iptables -vnL' shows how much traffic etc per rule,
setting up rules per user and 'iptables -vnL' every month etc
is one way, there is MRTG, ntop, RRD etc.

> FYI i am using CBQ for bandwidth control

...for each user?  Try 'http://fmb.no/ipcop/setup-cbq-0.0.4.tar.bz2',
I'm open for ideas etc on -0.0.5.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: